points - Details)
The simple, easy and friendly way to start the ketogenic diet and lifestyle
Starting the ketogenic diet can be overwhelming―so much to learn, so many resources to choose from. So why doesn’t somebody make it easy? We did. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners is your all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. You get exactly what you need to make keto surprisingly simple; meal plans, shopping lists, support, and lots of keto-licious recipes.
The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners includes:
- 75 Scrumptious Recipes―From Bacon-Artichoke Omelets to Pesto Zucchini Noodles, these easy-to-follow recipes can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
- 14-Day Meal Plan―With breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack suggestions, this book takes the guesswork out of starting your ketogenic diet.
- The Big Picture―An overview explaining the fundamentals of the ketogenic diet and handy charts illustrating nutritional information help you master keto in no time.
Easy meets yummy meets healthy in this ketogenic diet book. Start losing weight and gaining a healthy lifestyle today.
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Pesto Zucchini Noodles
Serves 4 / Prep time: 15 minutes
For Herb-Kale Pesto:
1. Place the kale, basil, garlic, and yeast in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, about 3 minutes.
2. With the food processor running, drizzle the olive oil into the pesto until a thick paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
3. Add a little water if the pesto is too thick.
4. Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
PER SERVING (2 Tbsp.) Calories: 44; Fat: 4g; Protein: 1g; Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Net Carbs: 1g; Fat 82%/Protein 9%/Carbs 9%
For Zucchini Noodles:
1. Use a spiralizer or peeler to cut the zucchini into “noodles” and place them in a medium bowl.
2. Add 3/4 cup of the Herb Kale Pesto pesto and the Parmesan cheese and toss to coat, then serve.
PER SERVING Calories: 93; Fat: 8g; Protein: 4g; Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 0g; Net Carbs: 2g; Fat 70%/Protein 15%/Carbs 8%
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup fresh basil leaves
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
¼ cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese